Last Revision Date: 5/18/07
1) Registration - In order receive emails, conduct business, post advertisements, receive or provide AdsValue services or participate in most of the AdsValue web site features on behalf of its members and advertisers; you must first complete the registration form online through the AdsValue web site. During registration, you are required to provide information such as first and last name, geographical and email address, etc. Additionally, you are asked to provide other personal information such as gender, birth date or year, AdsValue web site preferences, interests, income, credit card and billing information, etc. so we may better serve you and provide a more personalized service. You provide, without coercion or duress, this registration information to AdsValue. AdsValue collects personally identifiable information from our users during the registration process, updates, surveys, feedback, preference requests, purchasing transactions, and other times.
2) Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act - In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, it requires all children under age thirteen need to obtain parental consent to provide personal information on a web site. Children under 18 years old are not permitted to provide any personal information through any use of the AdsValue web site. The parent or legal guardian is responsible for supervision of any child while using the AdsValue web site and any violation of this policy. Only registrants older than 18 years old are permitted to register on the AdsValue site.
3) Right to Refuse Information - You have the right to refuse to provide or allow such use of any or all required or requested information, however it may limit or prevent your ability to utilize any or all services provided by the AdsValue web site.
4) Right to Review Information - You have the right to review the personal information AdsValue maintains for your account by visiting your My Account, or upon mailing a written request for such information to the AdsValue address shown on the Contact Us page.
5) Voluntary Information Use - Use of the AdsValue web site and all services is strictly voluntary. If you don’t want any particular information used, then do not provide it, or remove it from your account. Providing information to AdsValue in any form or location constitutes your permission to use that information for the reasonable and customary uses of such information.
6) Fraudulent Information Entry - AdsValue is aware of the potential of fraudulent or otherwise unauthorized submission and entry of personal information into the AdsValue system through registration or other location. When notified, we will take timely steps necessary to remove such information as directed. AdsValue is in no way responsible or liable for damages or other consequences of any use of such information by AdsValue, its members or advertisers, affiliated parties, or other unauthorized or fraudulent use.
AdsValue uses the information it collects generally to contact you to provide information, offers, newsletters, surveys, feedback, and special promotions which you have expressed interest in receiving, fulfilling purchase transactions, account maintenance, customer service, and other functions.
7) Opt-In - Your email address is used only to send email that was requested or permitted. AdsValue follows an opt-in permission-based email enrollment policy. AdsValue will not send unsolicited, bulk or commercial offers or advertisements. AdsValue will not rent, sell, trade or loan our clients’ lists to anyone. We may however provide your email address and other necessary information for requesting services provided by partners and affiliates of AdsValue to provide such services you request. All emails contain links to unsubscribe from the list. You may leave our client’s lists at anytime for any reason. If you have any Opt-In questions or feel that you received unsolicited email from AdsValue please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
8) Contests - From time to time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in web-based contests. If you participate, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and address), demographic information (such as zip code) and personal preference information (such as your opinions). This information is used by our clients to better understand their customers. AdsValue may use a third-party service provider to conduct these contests; that company is prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose. We will not share the personally identifiable information you provide through a contest with any third party except with the client unless we give you prior notice and you elect to permit the provision of that information to the third party.
9) Forward to a Friend - If you choose to use our forwarding service to tell a friend about AdsValue or any part of the site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. This process may also automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to join the client email list. AdsValue may store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success, after which the names collected are removed from the database.
10) Information Sharing and Disclosure - AdsValue only shares your data with the client from which you have requested to receive offers. We may provide the client with your personally identifiable data if it is necessary to provide the requested service. We may share reports about your statistics and information about your preferences. While the client retains ownership of your data, it has agreed that AdsValue retains sole management during the term of their agreement with AdsValue and that they will not rent, sell or otherwise provide to third parties.
11) Mergers and Acquisitions - If AdsValue merges or is combined with any other organization, or if AdsValue transfers all or substantially all of its assets or operations to another organization, it may disclose information it collects from you to the other organization so that the other organization can continue to provide services to you. The other organization will be bound by this policy.
12) Legal Disclaimer - We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to a) protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on AdsValue; b) protect and defend AdsValue’s rights or property or the users of our services, and c) act under demanding circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our services or the public.
13) Protecting Your Identity - AdsValue will use personally identifiable information to contact you when responding to email support requests and other direct requests for information from AdsValue. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
14) Opt-out / Unsubscribe - If you no longer wish to receive email communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each communication or by opting out within your My Account profile. Alternatively, you may Contact Us by phone or mail and indicate your desire to unsubscribe.
15) Clear Gifs - We send, we may use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt-out of these emails, please see Opt-out / Unsubscribe.
16) Cookies - AdsValue places a "cookie" on the browser of an AdsValue.com user's computer to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are the most common and necessary method of tracking. They are small information files that your web browser places on the hard drive of your computer when you visit a website. Cookies were designed to help a web site recognize the prior visits to a site made by a user's browser. Cookies cannot damage user files, pass on computer viruses, capture e-mail addresses or read information from a user's hard drive.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use some features of AdsValue’s site and services that depend on cookies.
17) Links to Other Sites - emails that we send on a client’s behalf may contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by AdsValue. Please be aware that AdsValue is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites and do not exercise authority over such web sites. AdsValue therefore assumes no responsibility for the privacy and data collection policies and procedures of such linked web sites, nor for the content or reliability of such web sites. If you choose to access a third party web site, you do so at your own risk.
18) Access to Personally Identifiable Information - If your personally identifiable information changes, is incorrect, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by making the change on your My Account page or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail.
19) Data Security - AdsValue has put in place certain technological and procedural security functions in order to protect the personal information it collects, uses or transfers from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. AdsValue uses firewalls to help prevent outside parties from accessing our database server through the Internet, and physical access to the database server is restricted to authorized individuals. Servers are located in one of the most secure and reliable facilities in the world: Terremark NAP of the Americas. AdsValue uses 128-bit Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) for secure Internet Protocol (IP) credit card transactions. SSL encrypts information, including credit card numbers, names and addresses as they are transmitted over the Internet. Credit card transactions are in compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard and use industry-leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect your information. Please be advised that, although we take every reasonable technological precaution available to protect your data, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, AdsValue cannot warrant that your information will be absolutely secure. Any transmission of data at or through our Website is at your own risk. However, access to your information is strictly limited, and not accessible to the public.
20) Security Breach - In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, we shall notify you and any applicable regulatory agencies in the event that there has been an information security breach. You will be notified via e-mail in the event of such a breach. Please be advised that notice may be delayed in order to address the needs of law enforcement, determination of the scope of network damage, and to engage in remedial measures.